Qt is a mature cross platform application development framework you can use to develop for Windows, Mac ,Linux, Mobile and Embedded Devices.
This course will teach you some of the advanced features of the Qt framework. This is not a beginners course. It is a follow up course on our Qt 5 C++ GUI Development for Beginners course, so you should have completed that course or have similar experience from elsewhere.
The course is packed with lots of tips and tricks, to help you master what it takes to build professional GUI applications using C++ and Qt. The lectures are carefully designed and revolving around demos that are to the point and easy to understand. Cutting down the fat and helping you understand a given topic at hand.
This course is is not just about theory and simple demos. No !
We will do theory and simple demos because you need that to understand the basics.
But we will go even further and not build full fledged practical projects for you to put together and practice all the knowledge in the course. You will build a clone of the Flappy Bird game and a full fledged painting application that supports tons of cool features like drawing with the pen, erasing , re-sizable shapes, copy, cut and paste, drag and drop , undo redo , saving and loading documents and many more features.
Here are some of things you'll get to master in the course :
- Event Programming in Qt
- Building Custom Widgets
- Painting and Drawing with Qt
- Drag and Drop in Qt Widgets
- Advanced Features in Qt Model View Programming
- Graphics View Framework
- Copy, Cut and Paste Features in GUI applications
- Building Resizable Graphics Items
- Saving and Loading Documents in your Qt applications
- Undo Redo
- Building read only and editable tree models from scratch
- Supporting multiple languages in your Qt C++ GUI applications
- Deploying your Qt applications on Windows, Mac and Linux and way way more...
Towards the end we will build a complete Graphics View based Painting application and a clone of the popular Flappy Bird game for you to put together and use all the knowledge in the course on real projects.
The course was carefully designed to get you to build projects step by step, making even complex concepts easy to understand. If you're looking to build professional grade Qt C++ GUI applications, then this course will help you get there in the shortest amount of time possible.
Qt is the platform of choice for thousands of software projects, both open source and commercial, including the one we passionately we use to record the videos for our courses. If you want to use C++ to build professional grade GUI applications, that can run virtually on any platform out there, Qt is second to none in that regard. Please check out some of the preview videos and let's get you started building professional C++ GUI applications using Qt
- Event Programming
- Custom Widgets
- Painting and Drawing
- Drag and Drop
- Copying data through the clipboard
- Model View Architecture
- Graphics View Framework
- Implementing Copy, Cut and Paste Features in Qt Apps
- Saving and Loading Documents
- Undo Redo in Qt Apps
- Building Resizable Items in Graphics View
- Multi Language Support in Qt Apps
- Deploying Qt applications on Windows and Linux and Mac
- Building Games and Painting Applications with Qt
- Developers and Researchers and Students willing to build professional grade Qt C++ GUI applications
Get in touch. We're there for you
If you want to get in touch for any inquiries on the one of our courses , we have somebody always available to answer any of the questions and respond to any need within 24Hrs. We currently offer support under the channels below :
- LearnQt Guide Facebook Page
- LearnQt Guide Official Support Facebook Group
- Contact us right from the course platform
- Send us a plain old email at support[AT]blikoontech[DOT]com
- Basic Knowledge of Qt C++ GUI Development
If for any reason you are unhappy with any of our course purchases, the coourse comes with a 30 day money back guaranty . Just request for a refund from your udemy account and you will get all your funds back!.
Daniel has been writing software for the last 7 years or so and Qt is one of his favorite frameworks. Many of his cross platform Qt based projects are completed and out there on the market. Autodidact by nature ,he has a passion for learning new things and particularly loves sharing knowledge with others. Especially people new to the dark art of software development. Follow his tech endeavors on twitter.