Qt Quick and QML For Beginners : The Fundamentals
Build Cross Platform Fluid And Dynamic UIs. Run Them on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android,iOS and Embedded.Watch Promo Video Enroll in Course on Udemy
Qt Quick (QML) is the latest and greatest technology from the Qt Framework, to build slick looking , fluid, dynamic and cross platform User Interfaces that can run mobile devices(Android,IoS, touch devices (embedded) and any major desktop platform out there(Linux,Windows,Mac). Qt Quick can be used to build stand-alone applications, but it can also be interfaced and/or extended with a C++ back end.
The main aim of this course is to help you succeed in becoming a Qt Quick/QML GUI Designer and do so in the most effective amount of time possible. The course is packed with lots of straight to the point, easy to understand demos, that are carefully designed to help you master a given Qt Quick UI development topic at hand.
The target student is anyone willing to add Qt Quick/QML UI design to their stack of skills. While Qt Quick is built on top of Qt and C++, no knowledge of Qt or C++ is required. The course will equally be useful to both designers willing to jump into Qt Quick and existing C++ developers willing to level up their skills in fluid UI design.
We start by getting your development environment set up and get you to run your first Qt Quick application. We then jump into topics like:
- Dissecting the QML Syntax , where we explore subjects like the QML syntax, Basic Types of QML, Properties and Handlers,Property Binding and the Qt Quick Global Object;
- Qt Quick Basic Elements, and look at elements like Rectangle,Text, Image and Item;
- Signals and Slots;
- User Input Elements : TextInput, TextEdit, MouseArea and drag and drop, Keys Attached Properties, KeyNavigation and FocusScope
- Qt Quick Positioning and explore subjects like Anchors, Positioners, Layouts and Flow
- Qt Quick on Mobile Devices : we take you on a detailed journey on how to run your Qt Quick Apps on Android and guide you on how you would do the same on IoS.
- Qt Quick Controls where we explore a host of Ui Components available and ready to be consumed by your awesome apps ;
- Dialogs : ColorDialog, FileDialog,FontDialog, MessageDialog and Custom Dialogs
- Model , View and Delegate where we explore the pieces of the puzzle needed to take advantage of the Model View Delegate Architeture in Qt Quick
- Transitions, Transforms and Animations : Oooh Animations! This is the most fun and captivating subject for me in Qt Quick. We take you on a tour of how you animate your Qt Quick Components and bring your designs to life using tricks like states and transitions.
- Storage : We first use the Settings component from the Qt.labs module to save and load your applications settings and do the same thing using the LocalStorage module that is backed by an embedded SQLite database.
Qt is the platform of choice for thousands of software projects and some of the most successful companies on the planet. Learning Qt Quick will certainly level up your abilities in taking advantage of this rich and awesome framework. Please check out some of the preview videos and lets get you STARTED building slick and fluid User Interfaces with Qt Quick.
- The basics of working with the QML language
- Working with Qt Quick basic elements and building your own in QML
- Signals and slots in QML
- Working with input elements
- Positioning elements in QML
- Running your QML Apps on Android
- Qt Quick Controls 2 framework
- Working with Dialogs in QML
- Models,Views and Delegates
- Transforms,Transitions and Animations
- Networking : Fetching HTTP Data and JSON(REST) APIs
- Settings and Local Storage
- Designers willing to jump into Qt Quick Prototyping and UI Design
- Existing Qt C++ Programmers willing to add Qt Quick to their Arsenal
- Anyone willing to build Fluid and Dynamic User Interfaces capable of running on desktop, mobile and embedded devices
Get in touch. We're there for you
If you want to get in touch for any inquiries on the one of our courses , we have somebody always available to answer any of the questions and respond to any need within 24Hrs. We currently offer support under the channels below :
- LearnQt Guide Facebook Page
- LearnQt Guide Official Support Facebook Group
- Contact us right from the course platform
- Send us a plain old email at support[AT]blikoontech[DOT]com
- Open mind and strong willingness to learn
- An eye for design
If for any reason you are unhappy with any of our course purchases, the coourse comes with a 30 day money back guaranty . Just request for a refund from your udemy account and you will get all your funds back!.
Daniel has been writing software for the last 7 years or so and Qt is one of his favorite frameworks. Many of his cross platform Qt based projects are completed and out there on the market. Autodidact by nature ,he has a passion for learning new things and particularly loves sharing knowledge with others. Especially people new to the dark art of software development. Follow his tech endeavors on twitter.